Trakx Digital Assets Newsletter
Weekly News for Institutional Investors
Key Crypto Market Figures
Crypto Tradable Indices (CTIs) Weekly Performance
Prices across all the major tokens slumped as the sector was pummelled with repeated bad news, all related in some way or other to Sam Bankman-Fried (SBF), the one-time golden boy of crypto. His trading unit Alameda Research is to be wound up following revelations as to the precarious state of its balance sheet. More significantly, SBF announced that FTX - the exchange he co-founded - filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and that he was resigning as CEO. If that wasn’t bad enough over the weekend, FTX appeared to have suffered a $473mn hack. While this liquidity crisis is painful - all the Trakx indices were dragged into the red last week – our view is that this is a cathartic purge of the crypto sector and longer-term this is healthy for the sector, something we will be discussing in our next webinar to the held Wednesday – You can register here
Source: Coingecko and AlphaVantage
- The fall of the FTX ‘King of Crypto’ Sam Bankman-Fried: BBC
- Bitcoin will fall further, says fund manager — until this one catalyst kicks in: CNBC
- Major crypto exchange reassures investors over fears of contagion: Telegraph
- Binance starts recovery fund for crypto projects facing liquidity crisis: Coindesk
- Metaverse losses top $3.6B for Meta with spending set to increase: Cointelegraph
- In bankrupt Lebanon, locals mine bitcoin and buy groceries with tether, as $1 is now worth 15 cents: CNBC
- Bahamas police are investigating potential 'Criminal Misconduct' by FTX: Decrypt
What to learn from the FTX crash: GreenCryptoResearch
- Lionel Rebibo and Ryan Shea will host a webinar FTX Aftermath this Wednesday @6pm (Paris time) about the impact on Trakx and the crypto market. You can register here
- Ryan posted Clash of the Titans about the FTX crisis
- Ryan was quoted in Marketwatch TechCrunch Blockworks
Trakx CTIs Performance
Sources: Coingecko and AlphaVantage
*Return of bitcoin is calculated since 01/05/2020, while CTIs performances were calculated since their respective launch date.
**Includes simulated performance.
***The risk signal is determined according to the historical volatility level, the higher the riskier.
Trakx is a global fintech company creating new standards for digital asset investments. Through our trading platform, we offer thematic Crypto Tradable Indices (CTIs) and customised solutions, providing sophisticated investors a high degree of compliance, custody and liquidity. Trakx is registered with the French regulator (AMF).
Disclaimers: No Investment Advice. Index returns and statistics are for illustration only. Index returns do not reflect any transaction costs or expenses. Past performance does not guarantee future results. The information provided in this newsletter does not constitute investment advice, financial advice, trading advice, or any other sort of advice and you should not treat any of the newsletter content as such. Trakx.io does not recommend that any cryptocurrency should be bought, sold, or held by you. Readers shall conduct their own due diligence and consult their financial advisors before making any investment decisions.
Email [email protected]
Join our community