Weekly News for Institutional Investors
Key Crypto Market Figures
Crypto Tradable Indices (CTIs) Weekly Performance
Last week witnessed a large price rally and short liquidations. Correlation breakdown was evident between US tech stocks and crypto. While the former was hammered by poor earnings, crypto posted moderate gains helped by renewed speculation that Fed rate hikes will be more tempered beyond this week's expected 75bp rate hike.
Ether led the token surge (+16%), with the exception of the popular meme coin Dogecoin that jumped 95% in one week, following Twitter acquisition by Elon Musk (read here: Decrypt).
- UK Lawmakers Vote to Recognize Crypto as Regulated Financial Instruments: CoinDesk
- Incoming UK Prime Minister is Pro-crypto: Blockworks
- Blockchain Applications and the Rising Digital Asset Class: Blockworks
- Near Project to Wind Down Its Terra-Like Stablecoin: Decrypt
- Dogecoin Leaps 94% in Weekly Gains Following Elon Musk’s Twitter Acquisition: Decrypt
- The Sunak Protocol: The New Prime Minister’s Vision For Crypto And Digital Finance In The UK: Forbes
- Ryan Shea was quoted by Peter Lee in Euromoney: How the crisis in gilts could revive interest in cryptocurrencies
- Great report this week from Fidelity Digital Assets on institutional investors adoption of crypto investments.
Trakx CTIs Performance
Sources: Coingecko and AlphaVantage
*Return of bitcoin is calculated since 01/05/2020, while CTIs performances were calculated since their respective launch date.
**Includes simulated performance.
***The risk signal is determined according to the historical volatility level, the higher the riskier.
Trakx is a global fintech company creating new standards for digital asset investments. Through our trading platform, we offer thematic Crypto Tradable Indices (CTIs) and customised solutions, providing sophisticated investors a high degree of compliance, custody and liquidity. Trakx is registered with the French regulator (AMF).
Disclaimers: No Investment Advice. Index returns and statistics are for illustration only. Index returns do not reflect any transaction costs or expenses. Past performance does not guarantee future results. The information provided in this newsletter does not constitute investment advice, financial advice, trading advice, or any other sort of advice and you should not treat any of the newsletter content as such. Trakx.io does not recommend that any cryptocurrency should be bought, sold, or held by you. Readers shall conduct their own due diligence and consult their financial advisors before making any investment decisions.
Email [email protected]
Join our community