Weekly News for Institutional Investors
Key Crypto Market Figures
Crypto Tradable Indices (CTIs) Weekly Performance
Last week was relatively quiet in crypto markets, with the main tokens continuing to trade within the ranges set during the summer. In fact, as a result of the lack of strong movement, historic volatility of Bitcoin is now very close to that of GBP/USD, whose price whipsawed following the departure of the PM after just 44 days in the job. So much for cryptocurrencies being too volatile to serve as money! Within the Trakx indices, the best performer was the Diversifier, up 8% on the back of continued strong gains in Huobi token as investors responded favourably to the news that Tron founder Justin Sun had joined the advisory board along with other industry leaders.
Trakx sources: Coingecko and AlphaVantage
- UK is now the largest crypto economy in Europe: CITY AM
- Bitcoin, Ether continue their sideways moves as the world twists and turns: Coindesk
- EU parliament pondering landmark MiCA crypto regulations: Blockchain News
- Sam Bankman-Fried proposes ‘Respect’ for OFAC in crypto regulatory Framework: BlockWork
- The much anticipated blockchain by ex-Facebook employees was off to a rocky start: Coindesk
- Ryan Shea published a paper on the recent crisis in the UK gilt market and its implications for crypto, London Calling
- Lionel Rebibo published a paper on ESG Crypto Investment, following the launch of Trakx ESG Index and the webinar we hold with Green Crypto Research
Trakx CTIs Performance
Sources: Coingecko and AlphaVantage
*Return of bitcoin is calculated since 01/05/2020, while CTIs performances were calculated since their respective launch date.
**Includes simulated performance.
***The risk signal is determined according to the historical volatility level, the higher the riskier.
Trakx is a global fintech company creating new standards for digital asset investments. Through our trading platform, we offer thematic Crypto Tradable Indices (CTIs) and customised solutions, providing sophisticated investors a high degree of compliance, custody and liquidity. Trakx is registered with the French regulator (AMF).
Disclaimers: No Investment Advice. Index returns and statistics are for illustration only. Index returns do not reflect any transaction costs or expenses. Past performance does not guarantee future results. The information provided in this newsletter does not constitute investment advice, financial advice, trading advice, or any other sort of advice and you should not treat any of the newsletter content as such. Trakx.io does not recommend that any cryptocurrency should be bought, sold, or held by you. Readers shall conduct their own due diligence and consult their financial advisors before making any investment decisions.
Email [email protected]
Join our community