Trakx Digital Assets Newsletter
Weekly News for Institutional Investors
Key Crypto Market Figures
Crypto Tradable Indices (CTIs) Weekly Performance
Crypto prices continued to be largely range-bound, with Bitcoin oscillating around the $20,000 level, concomitant with the ebb and flow of speculation about a Fed pivot driven by mixed economic data but continued hawkish Fed-speak.
One bright spot has been the Trakx lending CTI, which posted a solid 12% gain on the back of a surge in the Maker – the governance token of MakerDAO. Its holders last week voted to invest $500mn in US Treasuries and corporate bonds – a move that will further diversify the underlying collateral while providing additional yield without jeopardizing solvency - more on this Cointelegraph.
Trakx sources: Coingecko and AlphaVantage
- Stablecoins’ Role in Cutting International Payment Costs Probed by Payments Watchdog: Coindesk
- Has Proof of Stake made Ethereum more centralized?: Decrypt
- Federal regulators are preparing to pass judgment on Ethereum: Cointelegraph
- A recent SEC filing shows the world's largest asset manager Blackrock plans to launch a metaverse ETF: Bitcoin.com
- $570 million worth of Binance’s BNB token stolen in another major crypto hack: CNBC
- Progress toward Bitcoin's halving is 60% complete, block times suggest reduction could happen next year: Bitcoin.com
- Blockchain consensus mechanisms and their role in sustainable blockchain development: Cryptonews
- Following the launch of the Trakx ESG index, Trakx hosts a webinar tomorrow Tuesday 11-12pm CET (Paris time) about Crypto Investments with Sustainability in Mind. You can register here.
- We have published a communication about our partnership with Green Crypto Research and the launch of the First ESG Crypto Index.
Trakx CTIs Performance
Sources: Coingecko and AlphaVantage
*Return of bitcoin is calculated since 01/05/2020, while CTIs performances were calculated since their respective launch date.
**Includes simulated performance.
***The risk signal is determined according to the historical volatility level, the higher the riskier.
Trakx is a global fintech company creating new standards for digital asset investments. Through our trading platform, we offer thematic Crypto Tradable Indices (CTIs) and customised solutions, providing sophisticated investors a high degree of compliance, custody and liquidity. Trakx is registered with the French regulator (AMF).
Disclaimers: No Investment Advice. Index returns and statistics are for illustration only. Index returns do not reflect any transaction costs or expenses. Past performance does not guarantee future results. The information provided in this newsletter does not constitute investment advice, financial advice, trading advice, or any other sort of advice and you should not treat any of the newsletter content as such. Trakx.io does not recommend that any cryptocurrency should be bought, sold, or held by you. Readers shall conduct their own due diligence and consult their financial advisors before making any investment decisions.
Email [email protected]
Join our community