Weekly News for Institutional Investors
Key Crypto Market Figures
Crypto Tradable Indices (CTIs) Weekly Performance
Crypto fear is back over inflation concerns: The Fed said it would continue to raise interest rates until inflation is curbed, a challenge for both bitcoin and equities. As a result, digital assets were down over the week: Trakx Top 10 Crypto index is down 14% and total market capitalisation plunged under $1T.
Investors look ahead to Jackson Hole Symposium, a central bankers meeting held every year in Wyoming, USA, where the FED would announce further hiking rates.
The worst performers were among the DeFi area, usually more volatile than the rest of the digital assets. Trakx Top 10 Defi, Decentralised Exchanges and NFT Metaverse all lost 19%.
Trakx sources: Coingecko and AlphaVantage
- Sudden crypto market drop sends bitcoin below $22,000: CNBC
- BTC miners exit capitulation — 5 things to know in Bitcoin this week CoinTelegraph
- Bitcoin’s price plummets on global inflation concerns: Coindesk
- Federal Reserve releases new guidelines for crypto banks: Decrypt
- Ethereum's pivot to proof-of-stake consensus worries users about the possibility of protocol level censorship: Bitcoin.com
- DeFi needs to start creating real-world value if it wants to survive: Cointelegraph
- Trakx was selected among the top startup in France by ChainNews (France) for its innovative approach to crypto index trading.
Trakx CTIs Performance
Sources: Coingecko and AlphaVantage
*Return of bitcoin is calculated since 01/05/2020, while CTIs performances were calculated since their respective launch date.
**Includes simulated performance.
***The risk signal is determined according to the historical volatility level, the higher the riskier.
Trakx is a global fintech company creating new standards for digital asset investments. Through our trading platform, we offer thematic Crypto Tradable Indices (CTIs) and customised solutions, providing sophisticated investors a high degree of compliance, custody and liquidity. Trakx is registered with the French regulator (AMF).
Disclaimers: No Investment Advice. Index returns and statistics are for illustration only. Index returns do not reflect any transaction costs or expenses. Past performance does not guarantee future results. The information provided in this newsletter does not constitute investment advice, financial advice, trading advice, or any other sort of advice and you should not treat any of the newsletter content as such. Trakx.io does not recommend that any cryptocurrency should be bought, sold, or held by you. Readers shall conduct their own due diligence and consult their financial advisors before making any investment decisions.
Email [email protected]
Join our community