Weekly news for Institutional Investors
Trakx offers sophisticated digital investment strategies for institutional investors and experienced traders. We do that by providing digital-asset index products on a platform with compliance, custody, and liquidity needed by large investors.
Crypto Traded Indices (CTIs) Weekly Performance
The past week has seen 2 opposite moves on digital assets, one is bullish for Bitcoin, boosted by ETFs regulation talks with the SEC, while DeFi protocols suffer uncertainty about decentralised projects regulation. As a result, the 1-month correlation between Bitcoin and Trakx Top 10 DeFi hits a low point under 25%.
The worst performers was Trakx Top 10 DeFi (-8%) partly due to Avalanche’s market correction (AVAX -18%).
Source: Coingecko and AlphaVantage
- BTC price hits $56K as bulls return and talk focuses on Bitcoin ETF approval: Cointelegraph
- True decentralized projects pose a challenge to crypto regulation: OperaNews
- 5 countries will accept bitcoin as legal tender by end of next year, Says Bitmex CEO: Bitcoin.com
- JPMorgan Says Institutional Investors Are Replacing Gold With Bitcoin: Coindesk
- Travelers will be able to purchase airline tickets with crypto in Venezuela: Bitcoin.com
- Crypto mega-billionaire Sam Bankman-Fried says he's bought billions of tethers in order to trade other coins: BusinessInsider
- Nuclear engineer sells classified data to undercover FBI agents for crypto: Investing.com
- Trakx published the memo Chinese ban on cryptos and its impact on the ecosystem
Trakx CTIs Performance
Sources: Coingecko and AlphaVantage
*Return of bitcoin is calculated since 01/05/2020, while CTIs performances were calculated since their respective launch date.
Disclaimers: No Investment Advice. Index returns and statistics are for illustration only. Index returns do not reflect any transaction costs or expenses. Past performance does not guarantee future results. The information provided in this newsletter does not constitute investment advice, financial advice, trading advice, or any other sort of advice and you should not treat any of the newsletter content as such. Trakx.io does not recommend that any cryptocurrency should be bought, sold, or held by you. Readers shall conduct their own due diligence and consult their financial advisors before making any investment decisions.
Email [email protected]
Join our community