Weekly news for Institutional Investors
Trakx offers sophisticated digital investment strategies for institutional investors and experienced traders. We do that by providing digital-asset index products on a platform with compliance, custody, and liquidity needed by large investors.
Crypto Traded Indices (CTIs) Weekly Performance
Most digital assets suffered drawdowns in the past week. Despite Bitcoin becoming officially a legal tender in El Salvador, crypto markets dropped suddenly on Tuesday, partly driven by the “buy the news, sell the fact” on bitcoin, and also further various regulatory headlines. Every move tends to be exacerbated by high leverage within the crypto sphere. Despite the negative context, Trakx Proof of Stake posted a positive return (+1%), proving the resilience and traction of the sustainable protocol.
Source: Coingecko and AlphaVantage
- South Korea’s registration deadline for crypto exchanges could erase $2.6B in assets: FXStreet
- The SEC has told us it wants to sue us over Lend. We don’t know why: BlogCoinbase
- Biggest bank in El Salvador now accepts bitcoin as payment for financial products: Bitcoin.com
- Bitcoin investors are reportedly exempt from taxes in ElSalvador: Cointelegraph
- Cryptocurrencies stabilize as regulatory concerns Rise: Coindesk
- Ukraine adopts law ‘on virtual assets’ to regulate crypto market: Bitcoin.com
- Cardano launches smart contracts after successful hard fork': Cointelegraph
- How the latest bout of crypto exchange problems could draw the ire of US regulators: TheBlockCrypto
- Publication of the memo Are Cryptos going green?
- Publication of the latest monthly factsheets CTI Performance
Trakx CTIs Performance
Sources: Coingecko and AlphaVantage
*Trakx CTIs calculations take into account backtest simulated performances calculated since 31 Dec 2019.
**Return of bitcoin is calculated since 01/05/2020, while CTIs performances were calculated since their respective launch date.
***Most NFT protocols are too young to allow calculation of simulated performance prior to February 2021. Trakx Top 10 NFT statistics only include a real track record since 31 March 2021.
Disclaimers: No Investment Advice. Index returns and statistics are for illustration only. Index returns do not reflect any transaction costs or expenses. Past performance does not guarantee future results. The information provided in this newsletter does not constitute investment advice, financial advice, trading advice, or any other sort of advice and you should not treat any of the newsletter content as such. Trakx.io does not recommend that any cryptocurrency should be bought, sold, or held by you. Readers shall conduct their own due diligence and consult their financial advisors before making any investment decisions.
Email [email protected]
Join our community