Weekly news for Institutional Investors
Trakx offers sophisticated digital investment strategies for institutional investors and experienced traders. We do that by providing digital-asset index products on a platform with compliance, custody, and liquidity needed by large investors.
Crypto Traded Indices (CTIs) Weekly Performance
Another very challenging week for all cryptos, with large sell-off over the weekend, where perpetual swap funding became negative. Bitcoin broke below $32,000 on Monday, raising "death cross" fears: in technical analysis this is a bear signal occurring when a short-term moving average crosses over a major long-term moving average to the downside.
Sources: Coingecko and AlphaVantage
- China’s central bank urges Alipay and banks to crack down on crypto speculation: CNBC
- Crypto crash wipes another $200bn from market overnight amid “death cross’ fears: Independent
- Chinese bitcoin mining pools see further hash rate plunge on Sichuan shutdown order: TheBlockCrypto
- Bitcoin price dips to $32.5K on 'consistent' new China FUD: Cointelegraph
- Agricultural Bank of China Reiterates Ban on Crypto: Coindesk report
- El Salvador doesn’t need a bitcoin mandate: Coindesk
- World Bank rejects El Salvador request for Bitcoin help: BBC
- 'Big Short' investor Michael Burry warns of 'mother of all crashes' — says crypto's problem is leverage': Bitcoin.com
- $135K for December: stock-to-flow creator lays out bitcoin's 'worst case scenario for 2021': Bitcoin.com
- Trakx has published the memo How do traders use RSI indicator as a sell signal?
Trakx CTIs Performance
*Trakx CTIs calculations take into account backtest simulated performances calculated since 31 Dec 2019.
**Return of bitcoin is calculated since 01/05/2020, while CTIs performances were calculated since their respective launch date.
***Most NFT protocols are too young to allow calculation of simulated performance prior to February 2021. Trakx Top 10 NFT statistics only include real track record since 31 March 2021.
Disclaimers: No Investment Advice. Index returns and statistics are for illustration only. Index returns do not reflect any transaction costs or expenses. Past performance does not guarantee future results. The information provided in this newsletter does not constitute investment advice, financial advice, trading advice, or any other sort of advice and you should not treat any of the newsletter content as such. Trakx.io does not recommend that any cryptocurrency should be bought, sold, or held by you. Readers shall conduct their own due diligence and consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions.
Email [email protected]
Join our community