Weekly news for Institutional Investors
Trakx offers sophisticated digital investment strategies for institutional investors and experienced traders. We do that by providing digital-asset index products on a platform with the compliance, custody and liquidity needed by large investors.
Crypto Traded Indices (CTIs) Weekly Performance
The week has been intense in the crypto space mainly due to Biden’s plan to raise taxes on capital gains. Bitcoin has lost over than 20% for a short period of time, then recovered to finally close the week at -5%.
Most indices performed well over the week thanks to the diversification effect. DeFi is the big winner despite performance dispersion among its constituents. The best performers are Trakx Top10 DeFi (+11%), Trakx Dex (+9%), Trakx Lending (+9%), driven by Cake (+49%) in both Top10 DeFi and Dex, by Luna (+26%) in Top10 DeFi and by Compound (+30%) in Lending. Cake and Luna are currently having a good traction on their platform.
Trakx Diversifier (-10%) is the worst performer due to Fusion (FSN -30%).
Sources: CryptoCompare and AlphaVantage
- Bitcoin tumbles after reports Joe Biden will raise taxes on rich: TheGuardian
- Turkish crypto exchange boss goes missing, reportedly taking $2 billion of investors’ funds with him: CNBC
- Bitcoin rebounds after hitting seven-week low: Yahoo.com
- Over $200 billion wiped off cryptocurrency market in a day as bitcoin plunges below $50,000: CNBC
- Did a massive Chinese power outage cause Bitcoin’s crash down to $50K? CoinTelegraph
- Apple told to invest in Bitcoin as '$40billion-a-year revenue' opportunity looms: Express
- A question for the Financial Action Task Force: What exactly counts as a VASP?: TheBlockCrypto
- Ex-US Regulator: Fears of Regulation Suppressing Crypto Have Gone Away: CryptoNews
- Turkey’s Central Bank Head Says Crypto Regs Coming, Denies Total Ban Ahead: Coindesk
Trakx has published the memo Layer 2 Protocols: a solution to improve blockchain scalability
Trakx CTIs Performance
Sources: Trakx, CryptoCompare
*Trakx CTIs calculations take into account backtest simulated performances calculated since 31 Dec 2019.
**Return of bitcoin is calculated since the 01/05/2020, while CTIs performances were calculated since their respective launch date.
Disclaimers: No Investment Advice. Index returns and statistics are for illustration only. Index returns do not reflect any transaction costs or expenses. Past performance does not guarantee future results. The information provided on this newsletter does not constitute investment advice, financial advice, trading advice, or any other sort of advice and you should not treat any of the newsletter content as such. Trakx.io does not recommend that any cryptocurrency should be bought, sold, or held by you. Readers shall conduct their own due diligence and consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions.