Weekly news for Institutional Investors
Trakx offers sophisticated digital investment strategies for institutional investors and experienced traders. We do that by providing digital-asset index products on a platform with the compliance, custody and liquidity needed by large investors.
Crypto Traded Indices (CTIs) Weekly Performance
The week is marked by a short panic liquidation over the weekend following tweets allegedly stating that the US Treasury will be cracking down on financial institutions using cryptocurrencies for money laundering.
However, Trakx Proof of Stake had a good momentum (+6%) thanks to VeChain (VET +97%) and Trakx Centralised Exchanges was hit by a correction (-13%): the worst performers are Kucoin (KCS -26%), Ascendex Bitmax (BTMX -17%) and Binance (BNB -12%).
Sources: CryptoCompare and AlphaVantage
- Weekend market tumult triggers record number of crypto futures liquidations: TheBlockCrypto Twitter
- Bank of America Survey: 74% of fund managers see Bitcoin as a bubble: Bitcoin.com
- Coinbase hangover? Here’s why bitcoin may be suffering its steepest slide since February: MarketWatch
- Former CIA Director: Bitcoin is “too transparent” for criminals to launder money with: BTCManager
- Binance Will List the Coinbase Stock Token: Binance
- PBoC Softens Tone Toward Bitcoin, Stablecoins, Calling Them ‘Alternative Investment’: Coindesk
- SEC loses a battle to win the war? Ripple dissociates from pumping XRP: Cointelegraph
- Weekend market tumult triggers record number of crypto futures liquidations: TheBlockCrypto
- Crypto Long & Short: Coinbase Going Public Isn’t Selling Out – It’s the Start of a Long Game: Coindesk
- Results of the ECB’s public consultation on digital euro: Wealth Monaco
Trakx is thrilled to release a bespoke research paper from SunZuLab on TrakxTop10DeFi liquidity. In March, 2021, institutional investors trading Top 10 DeFi index were able to enter and exit positions with ease. cf. SunZuLab Liquidity Analysis - Trakx Top10 DeFi
Trakx CTIs Performance
Sources: Trakx, CryptoCompare
*Trakx CTIs calculations take into account backtest simulated performances calculated since 31 Dec 2019.
**Return of bitcoin is calculated since the 01/05/2020, while CTIs performances were calculated since their respective launch date.
Disclaimers: No Investment Advice. Index returns and statistics are for illustration only. Index returns do not reflect any transaction costs or expenses. Past performance does not guarantee future results. The information provided on this newsletter does not constitute investment advice, financial advice, trading advice, or any other sort of advice and you should not treat any of the newsletter content as such. Trakx.io does not recommend that any cryptocurrency should be bought, sold, or held by you. Readers shall conduct their own due diligence and consult their financial advisor before making any investment decisions.
Email [email protected]